Deferment, accreditation and change of programme
Deferment of studies
If you have been accepted to and have confirmed a place in an education programme but have no possibility to start, you can apply for deferment of studies. Reasons for a deferred enrolment in the programme can be social, medical or due to other circumstances, e.g. postponed time off according to the law of employees’ right to leave of absence in connection with education. As a rule, the reasons shall have occurred after the application to the education programme has been submitted.
Normally a deferral is granted for a year at the most, or until the next class of students start the programme.
Deferral is not granted in connection with single subject courses or for students admitted at a second or later round of admissions.
Change of programme at JIBS
If you are a programme student at JIBS and wish to change your programme, hand in the application form to:
Jönköping International Business School
551 11 Jönköping
Application form Pdf, 58.5 kB.
- Students at JIBS Bachelor programmes and Civilekonom programme can only change programmes after completing their first year of studies (can apply to change programme in their first year in the spring semester, i.e April 15)
- Students at JIBS Master programmes can only change programmes after completing their first semester (can apply to change programme in their first year in the Autumn semester, i.e November 15).
- Students at JIBS programmes (first and second cycle), are not allowed to switch courses during the first year of study. Exceptions apply for students who can accredit a given programme course with a course from previous studies.
The latest date to hand in applications referring to the Spring semester is November 15.
The latest date to hand in applications referring to the Autumn semester is April 15.
Accreditation of courses at JIBS
Rules for Accreditation. Pdf, 101.2 kB.
If you have courses from earlier studies that you wish to transfer to your degree from JIBS you must hand in an official transcript together with complete course syllabi in English or Swedish.
There are new rules concerning accreditation of courses at JIBS starting January 1 2011:
- Students in bachelor programmes may not transfer more than 60 ECTS credits from earlier studies.
- Students in 2-year master programmes may not transfer more than 30 ECTS credits from earlier studies.
- Students in 1-year master programmes may not transfer any credits from earlier studies.
The application should be sent to
Specialist College (state the relevant specialist college)
551 11 Jönköping