Content updated 2016-04-18
Academic Resource Center (Studieverkstaden)
The Academic Resource Center is open to all students at Jönköping University who want to develop their skills in all types of written assignments, in all subjects, and at all levels.
We support you in the process and give you the tools to further develop your text independently.
The Academic Resource Center offers text tutoring in
- the writing process
- discussions about structure, style and language
- writing rules and grammar
- reference citations
The Academic Resource Center does not offer
- content criticism
- corrections, proofreading or editing
Individual text tutoring
- Select 1 – 3 pages of your own writing. Run your text through the spelling and grammar check in a word processing programme. Attach your text in an email to email@example.com.
- Book a session via email at least three work days prior to the tutorial. Write “Swedish”, “English” or “Study technique” in the subject field. Explain what you need. Suggest meeting times, and allow for 45 minutes for the tutorial.
- In the tutorial, you will discuss possible improvements of your text.
Guides and tutorials
- Guide to Improve your Study skills Pdf, 215.1 kB.
- Handling large Word documents (pdf) Pdf, 924.1 kB.
- Take a MOOC course in academic writing External link, opens in new window. at Lund University!
Citing and referencing
In the University Library's guide APA-citing sources you'll find answers to many of your questions on how to cite and reference using the APA-style.
If you're using another reference style, you'll find guides to the most used styles on the library webpage Citing sources - how to create literature references.
Use the University Library's anti-plagiarism guide on what plagiarism is and how to avoid it.